(Version française ici)
Who we are
- (My wife) A front-end (HTML5-CSS) Web developer. You can see her portfolio at http://juliedesforges.com.
I've always been interested in graphic arts and computers. So, back in 2006, it was a natural move for me to go study in computer graphics, at Compétences 2000, Laval.
During that time, through a series of contacts, i was introduced to the CloudRaker Agency. I did some freelance work for them. And by the end of my course, i needed a place to do my internship, and to my delight, CloudRaker kindly offered me to take me as an intern. I really liked working there. Right after my internship, they hired me full time. My job title was: Web Developer. I was really proud :-). I was building and maintaining CMSes in PHP and Python (with Django). I really enjoyed my time at CloudRaker. They are a truly amazing team.
But at some point i realized that i prefered to work solo, at home. So i took some freelance gigs from the contacts i had. And eventually, Julie was interested in learning how to code, so i thought her some HTML and CSS, which she learned pretty fast. And eventually she started helping me with the front-end integration on the websites i was working on.
After 2 years in Montreal, we moved to Sherbrooke. We still work remotely for our clients that are in Montreal, doing some back-end and front-end development. And we are having a blast.
- Back-end development: We’re proud to use the very best tools to create highly efficient and simple Web applications. Whether it’s with Sinatra, Ruby on Rails or WordPress, we choose the right tools to deliver the results on time and budget.
We ♥ open source
Take a look at the open source code i'm crafting in my GitHub profile.
The technologies we use
- (most used) Frameworks and libraries
- Ruby on Rails
- Operating Systems
- Mac OS X (for development)
- Linux (for development and deployment)
- Windows (for testing in Internet Explorer)
Liked what you've read?
Let's get in touch!